Sunday 29 April 2012

Return From The Blog Graveyard!


Hey people of cyberspace! Yes2...this a comeback post after many, many, MANY months! (Though I'm sure most of you didn't know I started a blog in the first place.) Please do read the last one if you haven't seen it... Since then much has happened and I fully plan to talk about all of it but for today I want to give my thoughts on this whole SPM/ Scholarship/ College stuff.

As some of you might know I got 10 A's in my SPM examination and although I have received countless congratulating wishes and people being in awe of it, I have come to realize that what I got simply doesn't cut it in this competitive world.... Academic achievement seems to be the only requirement to be at least short-listed to get a scholarship. God knows I have applied for a ton of them and have been disappointed on several counts as many of you can relate to I'm sure. Though I agree that those who got better results are more deserving of the scholarship, I also wish that other achievements are taken into account! And then there's the fact that the same people are getting ALL the scholarships! How is that fair??!!! They are spoilt for choice while the rest of us fight our way to get short-listed for even one! This is one example: look closely at the names in this article and the one in the photo (Sorry I couldn't find the link for this one)....there are some that are in both!
Spm 50 Top scorers ( Source: The Star 22/04/2012)

http://thestar.com.my/education/story.asp?file=/2012/4/22/education/11145614&sec=education


So, these students get both and they choose one of it… To whom does the one they don’t choose go to? Do we stand a chance to get that empty spot now? Let me make one thing clear before I proceed, I by no means blame the students who were awarded these scholarships. I do however blame the system. Isn’t there a way to ensure that the same student does not get more than one scholarship….or at least open up the empty spot to the next deserving candidate? Yes, admittedly it may be hard but it is their duty to provide us with the best!

Anyway, all I can do now is hope and pray that something will come my way…most of all, trust that God has a plan for me…. Here’s to all of you who feel the same…DON’T LOSE HOPE! J

No comments:

Post a Comment